Back in January 2017 I sat down and worked out what my goals for the year would be. I set myself seven goals:
- Whistler heli-ski for the first time – Went ski-touring instead
- 24 hour mountain bike pairs race – Didn’t come off
- Complete the South Downs Way – not quite!
- 24 hour solo mountain bike race – completed and came 2nd whoop!
- Walk up Snowden with Martyn – in the diary for 2018
- Bike Snowden and film it – Swapped to cairngorms bike pack in 2018
- Bike packing adventure with Mum in the UK – not quite!
What I learnt in 2017 is that goal need to be movable and sometimes things just don’t happen and that is okay. I think the trouble was I set too many ‘fitness’ goals for one year considering I also had the goal of growing my cycle coaching business Pedal 2 Pedal.
There is only so many hours in the day and in 2018 I plan to make the most of them to create change in my own life and make the most of the opportunities I have. To help me I have started using a Best Self diary which helps you set goals and weekly milestones in order to keep focused and on track. So far I’m on week 2 and it seems to be very helpful and I would certainly recommend it.
For 2018 I have set myself three goals which cover three areas of my life and follow my ethos for living these are:
- Never stop learning – in 2018 I will complete my L3 Pilates instructor course which will allow me to educate others in Pilates.
- Healthy body, healthy mind – in 2018 I am focusing on building my fitness level to improve my power to weight ratio and also increase my endurance ability on the bike and also running. I want to try new adventures on two feet and two wheels so plan to bike pack around the Cairngorms in May and find a running challenge as well. Leave me a comment with your ideas!
- Be creative – for 2018 Pedal 2 Pedal (my cycle coaching business) is taking a side step into adults coaching, I have already done several one to ones but now also offer tailored coaching for adults on improving their mountain biking skills. I have already sold out my first women’s weekender and cannot wait to develop more ways to help others get outside and explore the countryside.
- Challenge my comfort zone – Mont Blanc, Martyn and I are preparing to climb one of the 7 summits in August.
Share your goals for 2018 with me on Facebook.