Beginners Mountain Bike Coaching
Beginners mountain bike coaching sessions take place at Queen Elizabeth Country Park in Hampshire (other venues are available on request). The emphasis is on learning in a fun and relaxed environment with plenty of encouragement, video feedback and an action plan to take home so you can continue to improve your mountain biking.
During 2 hours you will work with an experienced coach who will guide you through the core skills needed to be a confident and efficient mountain biker. Things will learn will include:
- Bike setup check – we’ll make sure your bike is set up properly
- Body position for smoother riding – understanding the physics behind riding modern mountain bikes well
- Balance – how correct balance, posture and movement can rapidly improve your riding helping you ride consistently over anything you encounter
- Cornering foundations – how to maintain traction, conserve your speed and hit the best lines in and out of turns
- Safe and effective braking
- Pedalling for consistency
The aim of the course is to give you the techniques required for smooth, confident riding & to be able to enjoy every trail feature regularly found on blue to red graded mountain bike trails in the UK.