Mountain Bike Weekend in South Wales
Join our mountain bike weekend to the Brecon Beacons. With over 200km of superb natural trails to ride, stunning views and nature, Wales is a beautiful playground ready to be explored on two wheels.
Day one starts with technical skills workshops, master new techniques; improve your confidence and bike handling skills. Over the course of day one things we cover will include:
- Pumping for speed – how and where to pump so you can gain ‘free speed’ whilst maintaining a balanced and strong body position
- Line choice – choosing smooth and fast lines on the trail and learning the optimum speed to make trail features flow
- Control on steep descents – staying in balance and maximising traction at very slow speeds
- Advanced braking
- Manuals and wheel lifts – where, when and how to use them to your advantage on the trail
- Steps and safe drop-off techniques – total control in the trickiest of situations, at both high and low speed
- Focus and flow – analysis of a full trail including how and when to use core skills and speed techniques to make the trail flow
At the end of day one, you’ll have a solid structure to your riding for long term development and improvement. You’ll get the essential tool kit and expert help to meet your own riding goals, by dedicating time to improving your technique through coaching.
After a busy day on the bike, relax and unwind with Pilates (optional) designed specifically to help strengthen your core cycling muscles and stretch those aching ones too! Then head to the pub to talk about the next day and all things bike!
Day two starts with Pilates (optional) and breakfast, so you feel awake and energised for your big ride day. Explore the best natural riding in this area with panoramic views of the hills, rivers, lakes and forests, you will be immersed in the natural environment whilst enjoying ancient bridleways that weave their way through the landscape. From forestry tracks, rocky bridleways to grassy hillsides, there’s something for everyone and all levels of experience. No need to pack a map our qualified, local guide will make sure you see the best of the trails in the Brecon Beacons and stop for lunch at the best view points!
You will receive a massive boost in confidence, able to attack corners, roots and rocks with added ease and style. Head home feeling refreshed and ready to hit the trails after spending the weekend with like-minded people.