On the first day we start at Leith Hill, famously known for the 2012 Olympic road race route and now home to Ride London, we shall be staying off the roads and instead enjoying the miles of singletrack that carve their way through the dense forest of the Surrey Hills. British Cycling coaches will work with you on your bike handling skills and techniques like:
- Pumping for speed – how and where to pump so you can gain ‘free speed’ whilst maintaining a balanced and strong body position
- Line choice – choosing smooth and fast lines on the trail and learning the optimum speed to make trail features flow
- Control on steep descents – staying in balance and maximising traction at very slow speeds
- Manuals and wheel lifts – where, when and how to use them to your advantage on the trail
- Steps and safe drop-off techniques – total control in the trickiest of situations, at both high and low speed
- Focus and flow – analysis of a full trail including how and when to use core skills and speed techniques to make the trail flow
Relax and unwind those tired muscles during a Pilates class designed specifically for cyclists. Before heading to the pub for a well-earned drink, stone baked pizza and chance to chat about your big adventure.
Day 2 is action packed as you explore the Surrey Hills with an experienced local guide. Expect more flowing wooded singletrack, beautiful views and the chance to try a famous cheese straw from Peaslake Village Shop! We cherry pick the best of the Surrey Hills trails to give you the ultimate opportunity to explore this exciting hot spot and test out those new found riding skills. All in a supportive and fun environment.