Mountain Bike Weekend – Surrey Hills
The Surrey Hills has some of the best mountain biking in the South of England, with something to suit every level of rider. This Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty offers some of South East England’s most stunning and accessible countryside, only a short drive from London. Interwoven trails carve their way down three high points: Leith, Pitch and Holmbury Hill, come with us and explore the best the Surrey Hills has to offer! After the course you’ll find your enjoyment and confidence on your bike increase dramatically. You’ll no longer feel like just a passenger but in full control and ready for the next adventure.
Day one starts with trail side coaching workshops, master new techniques; improve your confidence and bike handling skills. Over the course of day one things we cover may include:
- Pumping for speed – how and where to pump so you can gain ‘free speed’ whilst maintaining a balanced and strong body position
- Line choice – choosing smooth and fast lines on the trail and learning the optimum speed to make trail features flow
- Advanced braking
- Control on steep descents – staying in balance and maximising traction at very slow speeds
- Manuals and wheel lifts – where, when and how to use them to your advantage on the trail
- Steps and safe drop-off techniques – total control in the trickiest of situations, at both high and low speed
- Focus and flow – analysis of a full trail including how and when to use core skills and speed techniques to make the trail flow
Relax and unwind those tired muscles during a Pilates class designed specifically for cyclists. Before heading to the pub for a well-earned drink and chance to chat about your big adventure.
Day 2 is action packed as you explore the Surrey Hills with an experienced local guide. Expect more flowing wooded singletrack, beautiful views and the chance to try a famous cheese straw from Peaslake Village Shop! We cherry pick the best of the Surrey Hills trails to give you the ultimate opportunity to explore this exciting hot spot and test out those new found riding skills. All in a supportive and fun environment.