Beginners Mountain Bike Coaching
Beginners mountain bike coaching courses take place at Queen Elizabeth Country Park in Hampshire. The emphasis is on learning in a fun and relaxed environment with plenty of encouragement, video feedback and an action plan to take home so you can continue to improve your mountain biking.
During this session, you will work with an experienced coach who will guide you through the core skills needed to be a confident and efficient mountain biker. Things will learn will include:
- Bike setup check – we’ll make sure your bike is set up properly
- Body position for smoother riding – understanding the physics behind riding modern mountain bikes well
- Balance – how correct balance, posture and movement can rapidly improve your riding helping you ride consistently over anything you encounter
- Cornering foundations – how to maintain traction, conserve your speed and hit the best lines in and out of turns
- Safe and effective braking
- Pedalling for consistency
The aim of the course is to give you the techniques required for smooth, confident riding & to be able to enjoy every trail feature regularly found on blue to red graded mountain bike trails in the UK.