- 1-2 Broccoli trees, chopped
- ½ Apple, finely chopped
- 2-3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 60g Feta cheese
- 1 handful nuts (either walnuts, almonds or mixed nuts), roasted
- Salt & pepper to taste
Peanut butter sauce:
- 1 tbs peanut butter
- 2-3 tbs water
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Plant-based protein source
- Highest in vitamin K, C, A, iron and folate and provides 4g of protein
- Cancer fighting agent due to its high antioxidant content, as this has been shown to help inhibit tumour growth and help prevent DNA damage
- Due to the high levels of vitamin K, broccoli is a great food for maintaining strong bones
- Source of healthy omega 3 fats responsible for regulating inflammation
- Source of plant-based protein
- Digestive aid helping prevent indigestion
- Alkalising agent helping reduce acidity in the body
Extra virgin olive oil
- Source of healthy omega 3 fats, which helps reduce inflammation and promote healthy hair and skin
- Helps lower LDL (“bad” cholesterol) and increase HDL (“good” cholesterol)
Note: make sure to only buy your olive oil in a dark glass bottle, as these have not been exposed to light, which can cause heat tampering and damage the beneficial properties.
Only use olive oil as a raw dressing and when cooking at low temperatures and use coconut oil raw and for cooking at higher temperatures (frying and in the oven).
- Wash the broccoli and break into bite size pieces.
- Place the broccoli into a pot with a small amount of water at the bottom. Place the lid on and allow to steam for 2-3 minutes (until the broccoli is slightly tender).
- Finely slice the apple into medium size pieces.
- Roast the mixed nuts in a pan until golden brown.
- When all is ready place the broccoli, roasted nuts, apple and peanut butter sauce into a bowl.
- Crumble the feta cheese over along with the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.